Saturday, July 15, 2006

More Desert Pics...

Back in Wichita for the weekend for a wedding for one of Laura's good friends Robby Thompson. While they're shopping for the wedding, I'll get some more good pics out there and get us caught up to the present. :)
On the way out to the Middle East, we had to devert into Pease AFB, New Hampshire for a maintenance issue. We ended up staying in the Best Western there for about 5 days while they attempted to fix our fuel problem (we ended up having another jet flown in for us to take overseas while this one continued maintenance work). It was the end of January in the Northeast and it was COLD. But we realized it was the last we'd see of snow for a while so we enjoyed it. :) This picture was actually taken outside a restaurant in Maine.


The guy on the left was my copilot on my last desert tour. Third guy on the right was my boom operator. And, of course, Laura and I with "the pose."

Here we are at one of the resorts in downtown Abu Dhabi called The Rotana. As you can see, not all of the Middle East is desert. With the Persian Gulf in the background, this place was really nice.

Right before we departed the desert, Laura's brother Jack (also flies KC-135s) showed up to replace me. This is us in front of the rec center. Jack and his wife, Jenna, are '98 grads and they bought a house about 200 yards from ours when they got stationed at McConnell about 2 years ago...small world!!!!

Well, that's all for now. I'm turning 29 this weekend and I've got a chocolate cake with my name ALL over it.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Great pictures. I personally like "the pose". You both do it so well. Who knew the middle east looked so pretty. Happy Birthday, friend. Enjoy your cake!

Erin and Jake said...

I think I remember the first time "the pose" was put use. Man, that was a long time ago.