Sunday, December 16, 2007

Duathlon Anyone?

It was pretty exciting because I'd never been in a multi-event...event before. :)

This one was a 2 mile run then 8 mile bike then 2 mile run. They would've made it a triathlon but we don't have any indoor pools out here and, believe it or not, the water is too cold to swim in.

Here we are at the starting point getting ready - it's about 0600.


Here we are about 1/3 of the way through the first run. It's my fault the picture's blurry. I was just moving WAY TOO FAST...some cameras can't keep up.



The 8-mile bike was not easy after running. Some people rode real bikes (mountain bikes on trails) and the others rode on these stationary bikes.



There was a nice cool breeze and it was about 70 degrees so it was perfect!




Then back out on the road for another 2 miles...




It felt like I was moving in slow motion until about the last quarter mile. I ended up with a time of 1:08:19. Not too shabby...I forgot to hack my watch for the split times but it was my first...maybe next time - when I know I will make it to the finish line. :)

No comments: