Ah, Oklahoma. When it's not sweltering hot and humid, the storms'll get ya. We've had a few interesting ones this summer - our neighbors' trampoline has ended up in our yard multiple times, the power has gone out at least 10 times (some people lost it for several days, but we were blessed not to), and the water in the cul de sac has been up over the curb. The rain of late has been a true blessing, though, after about 3 straight weeks of temps over 100.
Our big Brown Family Get-Together this summer was in Canyon, TX to see the outdoor play, "Texas!" The stage is located at the bottom of the Palo Duro Canyon. The drive down there is reminiscent of some treks we made through the Alps in Europe...as in, scary! Jason's sister Jaida was in charge of purchasing tickets, and we all ended up in the front row. I was terrified that there would be audience participation at some point. There wasn't. Phew. Anyway, the play starts at sunset with the Ridge Rider carrying the Texas flag across the ridge at the top of the canyon. It really was pretty cool. It ends with two ridge riders (for the Texas and American flags) riding all the way from the ridge down to the stage. We may be suckers for all things patriotic and Texan, but it was touching.
The Palo Duro Canyon
The Ridge Rider
Texas, yee haw!
The Ridge Rider...kinda
I close with a picture of Harley's afternoon schnack. Mmmm...Purina.
3 comments:
Jamie was just asking me how Harley was doing. I think because he let her pet her once they are buds now! Great update. Do it more often, please!
Finally something new on the blog! :)
Julie
Hi Laura,
Thanks for the new post. I seem to have lost you after you cancelled your myspace account. I hope you all are well. Take care!!!
~ Rita
(ritaesq@hotmail.com)
Post a Comment