Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Really Long Trip to Maine...


...requires lots and lots of entertainment.  A 3-hour plane ride, a 5-hour car ride, and a 1-hour boat ride...all in one day.  Whew.  How to keep a 2-year-old boy busy?  This is for you, J Searl.

Color Wonder finger paints

Do-A-Dot markers and coloring book 

Crayons and markers; lots of blank pages

Pushing puff balls (counting)

Matching colors (colors and reading)

Matching numbers; counting puff balls (numbers and counting)

Stringing farm animals

Foam puzzles, lacing, letters 

Felt picture (building landscape)

Felt shapes (naming shapes)

Felt Potato Head (naming body parts)


Dry-erase board

On the back side of the board, I hot-glued Velcro strips for lots of activities

Matching upper and lower case letters

Counting to 30

I bought the Brown Bear, Brown Bear book and got all these printables off a pre-school blog

Animals in shapes (naming animal and shape)

Matching heads to tails

Matching the cartoon picture with the real picture

Counting 

Matching words to pictures 

I am pretty sure that since I prepared so much Tru might actually sleep the whole time. :)  Wish us luck. :)


1 comment:

Julie said...

Love it! Sign me up to borrow for our August road trip. :) You have been busy!!!!!