Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Holidays

The moment we've all been waiting for is about to arrive...Jason is almost done with his Master's degree! He has been working non-stop on his graduate research project and finally turned it in this weekend. Now, he's just waiting for it to be approved. I am very proud of him for this accomplishment - he has been working on it for about 3 years, which sounds like a long time; however, when one considers the fact he has actually been CONUS for less than half that time and that he completed SOS (correspondence and residence) while working on his degree, it's obvious what a feat it is. And in the meantime, he worked hard enough at his 'real' job to be named Pilot of the Year in his squadron two consecutive years! He says I owe him a party now. :) Here's the only picture I have so far to commemorate the journey. If you look closely, you'll see he's in his pajamas...and that's not a sunRISE in the background - it's a sunSET. Yup - working so hard there was no time to change clothes.



We had a great Thanksgiving. There was quite a bit of work preceding the big day, as we had to completely put our house together in short order. We moved in on 3 Nov, and my entire family arrived for the holiday the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We didn't get to see Jason's family, but we'll get to spend a couple days with them at Christmas. We're looking forward to it - I need my Jerilyn Fix. Jerilyn is the one of Jason's sisters who is my age, and we always have a blast together. Anywho, here are some pics of Thanksgiving.

Jack, Jenna, and me before the feast
Mom, Abbie, and me styling the aprons my Aunt Ricke made for us


Jason made us laugh. He does this Austin Powers quote when he's taking pictures that absolutely breaks us up every time. "Yes, yes, YES! NO! NO!"


And now for an update on our baby, Harley Davidson. Har lived with her grandparents from July until Thanksgiving until we had a home for her again. She settled into the new digs quickly despite a traumatic car drive from Lubbock to Altus. Christmas is her favorite time because there are so many new ways to be naughty. She chews on the tree, pulls the ornaments off to bat them around, and chews on the lights (one might think she'd only do that once, but no - she apparently enjoys the shock).

Picture of the tree?


- or -

Harley in stealth mode! "You can't see me, you can't see me..."


Harley: Me ME ME! Pay attention to ME!

Grammoo and Granddad went through such withdrawl after the Har left their house that we've already had to take her back for a visit. Dad doesn't ask if we're coming to visit now; he only wants to know if Harley is coming. So it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Jason. Can't wait to hear how all that hard work paid off. Congrats for making it through Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Hey ya'll!!!!!!that cat is so cute!!!haha Anyways! havent talked to yall in a while and though I would stop by to say hi! What have ya'll been up 2? nothing too exciting I hope! Im at work so I cant stay on here long just thought I would say hi and I like ya'lls page its cute! well I better go so I'll talk to you later!
LOVE YA!!!
Jorja D. Brown