Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Easter and Our Dallas Trip

Laura's family assembled in Altus, America for Easter festivities. Good food and good times had by all (except the cat - she doesn't do well with crowds).
Our neice, Natalie, had a good time as well with the infamous Living Room Easter Egg Hunt.








This weekend was a blast - we drove to Dallas (only 3 hours away) and met up with Laura's best friend from High School, Beth McKinney and her husband Jason.




We've been in small town America long enough to forget about big city traffic. We almost died about 5 times.




It was nice to eat in a nice restaurant again - not that Whataburger isn't nice...I'm just sayin'...




After dinner, the gang mosied over to Pocket Sandwich Theatre which is a local Dallas comedy

club. Another of Laura's high school friends, Cameron, performs there on the weekends with a group called Pavlov's Dogs - it was hilarious!






Anyway, back at home now...Laura is in Lubbock helping her Mom out and training for her race this summer. That means I'm home alone which means pizza and party. OK...just pizza. I'm flying two night flights this week so she probably wouldn't have seen much of me anyway!



I hope everyone's doing well!

2 comments:

Megan said...

YAY! A new post. Glad to see you all are alive and well. We've missed hearing about you. Keep it up, please!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging...

Let me see, if we get a post on every major holiday (last one around Christmas and now one after Easter) we should expect one in a couple weeks for Mother's Day, then Father's Day, then the 4th of July, and then Jason's 30th birthday!! I think I heard that Van Halen was touring through Texas around the middle of July! Now THAT would be an interesting post...