Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Christle's Baby Shower

Our dear, sweet friends Christle and Zach Peaden are expecting Baby Number Four!  The due date was 11 Jan, but as usual, Christle is over a week late in starting labor. :)  This is a good thing since she and Zach decided to have the baby in Fort Worth rather than Altus.  They had plenty of time to travel there and have been relaxing at her parents' home for a few days while they wait.

Let's take a stroll down memory lane, remembering all the Peaden kiddos...

We first learned Elijah was on the way in July of 2004.  Christle told me on the 12th to be exact.  I remember because she was PCSing to McConnell from Vance (where we had been stationed together, after being at the Academy together).  Zach was, of course, deployed.  So was Jason.  In fact, I'm pretty sure they were on the same crew and had left that DAY.  Anyway, I was so excited - Christle was my first friend to enter motherhood!

News of Micah came along in November of 2005.  We were all at some sort of wing-wide training shindig at McConnell, and Christle and Zach told me as we were rushed past each other in the hall.  I was shocked but happy for them!  Jason was...wait for it...deployed.

I learned of little AnaBella's pending arrival in September of 2007 while I was recovering from my bike accident in Lubbock.  Christle and I were so excited because they were on their way to Altus to live down the street from us!  Christle and I together bemoaned the referral process that used to be at the hands of a certain Major in the Altus Med Group...she was having a hard time getting her OB referral, and I was having a hard time getting referrals to all the specialists I needed to see on my road to recovery.  Anyway...Jason was....deployed.

You might be thinking at this point that Jason's deployments are directly correlated to the Peadens' growing brood.  But, alas.  We learned of Baby Number Four in May of 2009 here in our living room....both husbands stateside and much congratulating and rejoicing.  :)

A couple of our friends, Audrey Tolle and Amy Thomas, threw Christle a lovely baby shower a couple weeks ago.  Here are some pics!


Who'da thunk it?  We look a little different than we did during our Zoomie days...



The hostesses with the guest of honor:  Bella, Amy, Christle, and Audrey



The food was fab.



Lovely gifts!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I guess the point of your story is to NOT drink the water in Altus...haa Congrats!