Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday

First, here is a video I forgot to post from Tuesday:
These two sure do have fun together. :)

Today I started off the day by sleeping in!  YAY!  Jason, The Truett Whisperer, took the opportunity to get Tru to try new foods.  He ate raspberries. (I have been trying ALL WEEK.)

Then he fed himself some yogurt.

 I think it's so cute how Jason's little Mini Me stands on his tippy tippy tippiest toes to see onto the counter where the coffee is being made.  After all, Daddy spends in inordinate amount of time standing in just that same spot.

We spent the majority of the morning Skyping Grammoo and Granddad.  We were also able to catch a glimpse of Uncle Bub and Trevor, who were Face Timing Granddad on his iPad...so the iPad was put up to the camera, and that is how we saw them.  Then our computer went kaput (as usual during a Skype call), and I had to Face Time Grammoo and Granddad using the iPod, which doesn't have a working speaker, so I got audio through my phone.  I'm so confused.  Who's on first?

There was plenty of time for sliding!

And more snacks.  We must spend at least half of every day at this table!

 When the boys went upstairs to take naps, I settled down to do some BSF homework.

I also did dishes, cleaned, and did laundry.  Here is my folded fitted sheet.  Moo taught me how to do this over Christmas. She is amazing!  Look at that thing!

Seriously!  It's the 8th Wonder of the World! 


 After the boys got up, they spent some quality time reading books together.

 And then we were back at the table for more food.  Tru did such a great job feeding himself his lunch (with a spoon) that we gifted him some chocolate pudding.

I got some good crafting in!

 Then we got in the car to meet the Schindlers in New Baden for fried chicken at Good Ol' Days.  Yum!  Tru was dancing to TobyMac on the way there. :)  I think he will be sore tomorrow.  It got kind of violent.

 With our fabulous friends the Schindlers!

On the way home, we all practiced our evil laughs (Tru won).  Then we practiced crazy laughs (Tru won).  And then we sat at the railroad crossing for 15 minutes and practiced our whining (Jason won).  Now we are home, Tru is asleep, and thus endeth our very first A Week in the Life Post!  :)  We hope you have enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Motivated Mama said...

I DID enjoy it, and I want to learn how to do the fitted sheet fold! :-)